In order to send payments to recipients, you must first set them up in the system. This can be done in one of three ways:
1. Manual - Recommended for a small number of recipients
To add recipients manually, logon to your Client Portal and follow the steps below:
- Hover over Recipients from the utility navigation at the top of the page
- Select Create Recipient
- Select the recipient type - Individual or Company
- Enter recipient information
- Remote ID
- Optional information
- First Name
- Last Name
- Postal Code
- Select Invite Recipient
The recipient will be sent an invitation email to set up and activate their account.
2. Batch File Import - Recommended for a large number of recipients
Before adding recipients via Batch File upload, you must first create a file with the necessary information. Files must be in .CSV format with the following columns:
Optional additional columns may include:
Once the file is complete, logon to your Client Portal and follow the steps below:
- Hover over Recipients on the utility navigation at the top of the page
- Select Upload Recipient CSV
- Drag and drop the .CSV file or select Choose a file to upload to select the correct file
The system will display the number of recipients who will be invited to the system. Once this is complete, recipients will be sent an email invitation to set up and activate their account.
3. Server-to-Server API Call
To add recipients through Server-to-Server API Call, please refer to the documentation here.
The Velo Client Portal is run entirely on a public API suite, allowing capability with all API systems. The only required information needed is a recipient's email address and remote Id.
Note: A remote Id is a unique identifier that the Client will use to send out payments to recipients. If you do not have unique identifiers for your recipients, you can use recipients' email addresses.
Once you have completed adding recipients to the system, they will be sent an email inviting them to set up their account with necessary information to process payments.